Unpaid Carers Funding
Funding available to support the learning of unpaid carers.
Carers Learning Grants
Carers Learning Grants are small grants for Norfolk unpaid carers, to fund ‘learning course fees’ for a course or learning activity of your choice.
Update July 2017: Applications for the Carers Learning Grant will be processed subject to funds available until 15th September 2017, after which time the grant will cease.
Carers can apply once for a grant of up to £150.
Courses can be one-off workshops, regular classes or a course of lessons.
Learning Courses could include:
- Training to help you in your caring role e.g. moving and handling, sign language etc
- Condition specific training e.g. dealing with challenging behaviour, first aid etc
- Employment related courses such as IT skills
- Distance learning, One to One tuition, Adult Education courses
- Sports and fitness courses e.g. swimming, yoga, gym or dance classes
- Courses for GCSEs, AS levels, A levels etc
- Complementary therapies courses e.g. acupuncture, aromatherapy, massage
For more information and an application form telephone the Advice Line on 0808 808 9876 or the Age UK Norfolk Grant Administrator, Jasmine Toombs on 01603 787111.
The grants are administered by AGE UK Norfolk on behalf of Norfolk Carers.