Courses and workshops
We publicise a range of courses and workshops of interest to the local care sector. Please browse or use the search facility below.
If you are running a course or workshop you would like publicised, or have spare spaces on some training you are holding, please submit it using the tab on the left.
Basic HR and Legislation for Care Managers and Seniors
This course is ideal for any Managers or those who are responsible for others within their workplace, who would like to build upon their knowledge of HR & Legislation in order to have confidence in dealing with matters that may arise lawfully. This course is not designed to go through all that there is to know around these subjects, but to make them understandable and applicable to the care sector.
Content will include:
- Recruitment including advertising, questions at interview, application forms, DBS checks and references
- Contract requirements & staff handbooks
- Making changes to contracts of employment
- Notice periods & employee rights
- Different retention strategies
- Absence from work (Sickness, holiday, maternity / paternity)
- Medical conditions & reasonable adjustments
- Discrimination and how to ensure that your organisation is not discriminating
- PPE & Equipment
- Substance misuse
- Social media
- Working time directives & breaks
- Accidents at work and corporate manslaughter
- Disciplinary processes
- Dismissal including unfair, wrongful & constructive
- External organisations
Cost is per person