Courses and workshops
We publicise a range of courses and workshops of interest to the local care sector. Please browse or use the search facility below.
If you are running a course or workshop you would like publicised, or have spare spaces on some training you are holding, please submit it using the tab on the left.
Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (update) and the Mental Health Act
Aiming to increase understanding in respect of the impending changes to these essential pieces of legislation which relate to all health, social and voluntary care provisions:
- To refresh both Acts (ADRTs, LPAs, Deputies, OPG, Sections, CTOs, 117s etc.) and to understand the legislation and changes effective from 20 March 2018.
- Staff responsibilities & accountabilities in relation the law.
- Key principles of the MCA and MHA; When and how to test for capacity and when to refer; when to refer for authorisation for Liberty Safeguards.
- Correct documentation in relation to choice, capacity, restrictions, Duty of Care
- The practicalities of applying this legislation in the workplace.
£49 +vat per person