Courses and workshops
We publicise a range of courses and workshops of interest to the local care sector. Please browse or use the search facility below.
If you are running a course or workshop you would like publicised, or have spare spaces on some training you are holding, please submit it using the tab on the left.
Safeguarding Adults (NSAB Validated)
To help all staff/personal assistants/volunteers to understand and recognise abuse and to know what to do when concerns arise; to enable participants to understand that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
- To identify ‘adults at risk’.
- The types of abuse and the signs and indicators of abuse
- Awareness of The Care Act & Mental Capacity Act
- The importance of creating a safe and supportive environment at work
- The importance of preservation of evidence/securing a crime scene
- Professional accountabilities - reporting, raising concerns and disclosures
- The role of the Disclosure and Barring Service
- The referral process regarding Safeguarding Adults in Norfolk and the NSAB
- Safeguarding Children level 1 – The Care Certificate standard 11.
£45 +vat per person