Courses and workshops
We publicise a range of courses and workshops of interest to the local care sector. Please browse or use the search facility below.
If you are running a course or workshop you would like publicised, or have spare spaces on some training you are holding, please submit it using the tab on the left.
A half-day training session to enable staff and volunteers to recognise safeguarding concerns and to know what to do when concerns arise.
Learning outcomes: By the end of this session participants should:
- Understand what safeguarding is and your role in safeguarding adults.
- Recognise an adult potentially in need of safeguarding and take action.
- Understand the procedures for making a safeguarding alert.
- Understand dignity and respect when working with individuals.
- Understand the importance of the Making Safeguarding Personal agenda in your role.
- Have knowledge of policy, procedures and legislation that supports safeguarding adults activity.
For more information and to check available spaces visit the website.
Employees of external organisations in the county of Norfolk should complete the booking form and send it to St Thomas Training by email or post.
Free to employees of Norfolk County Council, and to unpaid volunteers from any organisation in the county of Norfolk. £25.00 including VAT per person for paid employees of private, voluntary and independent sector care providers. If you book 3 places at the same time (either on the same session, or on different sessions) then the third place is FREE!
St Thomas Training
Click here to download booking form