Coming soon: new call for applications for the Teaching Care Homes Programme
In the autumn the Centre for Nursing Innovation (FoNS) will be announcing a new call for applications for the Teaching Care Homes programme (open to all care homes in England). This year, the focus of the programme will be on enhancing cross-system partnership working (e.g. care home/acute sector services; care home/university; care home/GP practice).
The partnerships should intend to develop and strengthen cross-system relationships by working together towards developing and achieving shared outcomes.
FoNS will rive care homes who can:
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the development of person-centred care and ways of working; engagement in learning, practice development and research; strong working relationships with academic and education providers; and a desire to be a resource for other care homes
- Have identified an aspect of cross-sector partnership working that they would like to enhance and can demonstrate that they have begun to establish relationships with the relevant partner(s)
Each home will select a small team (3-4 persons) to lead this work and participate in the programme. This should include the home manager, another member of the care home staff, and the participating individual(s) from the partner organisation.
What does the programme involve?
The successful teams will:
- Participate in a development and support programme (six workshop days) to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of the cross-system working
- Network and share with the existing homes on the TCH programme
- Commit to the wider sharing of their learning and experience e.g. host local events, present at conferences, contribute to articles etc.
Still interested? What next?
If you think that you would be interested in applying, now is the time to:
- Find out more about the programme here
- Start to have conversations with relevant partners
- Discuss your ideas with the senior leadership/management team in your organisation as you will need to be able to demonstrate that you have the full support of your organisation (and the partner organisation) in your application
- Email email@example.com and she will send you an application pack directly once the call for applications has been announced
The TCH programme is led by Care England, in partnership with the Foundation of Nursing Studies (FoNS) and is funded by the Burdett Trust for Nursing.