Establishing a care association for Norfolk - update
Following the consultation to shape a care association for Norfolk, an interim Board has been formed to take the recommendations forward.
Following the consultation to shape a Care Association for Norfolk, an interim Board has been formed to take the recommendations forward.
Norfolk Care Association Interim Board members are:
- Norfolk Independent Care (NIC) – Sanjay Kaushal/Robina Clarke
- Association Representing Mental health Care (ARMC) – Michael Millage
- Norfolk and Suffolk Care Support Ltd (N&SCS) – Christine Futter
- Community Action Norfolk (CAN) – Jonathan Clemo
- Voluntary Norfolk (VN) – Kevin Vaughan
This briefing is to give you an update on our progress.
Through the consultation, you told us the most important role for a Care Association was as a voice for the sector working both with local commissioners and on a national stage.
The full consultation outcomes can be found at:
The Interim Board has met twice and agreed Articles of Association for the new Company which will be called Norfolk Care Association. The Articles set out the aims, social purpose and objectives of the new organisation and are given in full below.
Norfolk Care Association Ltd will act as a single body representing all social care organisations providing direct care to individuals and their families and operating in the Norfolk and Waveney area.
Social Purpose and Objectives
Norfolk Care Association Limited will:
- engage with social care and health commissioners in the Norfolk and Waveney area in discussions on the cost of care, new policies and guidance, and the standardisation of systems and procedures that affect social care providers;
- provide a forum for those working in social care to meet and share good practice;
- provide a first port of call, signposting providers to trusted sources of information and advice;
- provide other services that the Directors consider would be of value to the social care sector;
- reinvest all annual surplus trading profit back into the company in support its Aim, Social Purpose and Objectives
The Interim Board has put together a funding proposal for initial set up and operating costs which is currently being considered by the Director of Commissioning at Norfolk County Council.
Pending the outcome of our proposal, we plan to recruit a Chief Executive officer to help take forward this exciting initiative.
In the meantime, Dr Fiona Denny, who co-ordinated the original consultation, is continuing to support the Interim Board.
Thank you for your ongoing interest and support. We will continue to keep you updated on our progress.
Norfolk Care Association Interim Board
Norfolk Independent Care (NIC) – Sanjay Kaushal/Robina Clarke
Association Representing Mental health Care (ARMC) – Michael Millage
Norfolk and Suffolk Care Support Ltd (N&SCS) – Christine Futter
Community Action Norfolk (CAN) – Jonathan Clemo
Voluntary Norfolk (VN) – Kevin Vaughan