Free Reablement webinar from SCIE - 28 February
Services that aim to help people recover skills and confidence to live at home - and maximise their independence - are called reablement. This webinar, in conjunction with the British Red Cross, will address issues such as the latest evidence of what works in reablement, plus it will include examples from the British Red Cross; and lessons on how to train and develop staff.
There is growing evidence that reablement - services aim to help people recover skills and confidence to live at home and maximise their independence - can help people recover from leaving hospital quicker and reduce pressures on the NHS. According to SCIE’s guide for NICE on intermediate care, including reablement ‘more than 9 out of 10 people either maintaining or improving their level of independence while using the service.’
With pressures growing on social care and the NHS, reablement must be part of the solution. Earlier this year the DHSC as part of its announcement on social care winter pressures funding, identified reablement as a priority area for funding.
Good reablement services require:
- Highly skilled and well trained staff
- Strength-based and person centred practice
- A single point of access into reablement teams
- An agreed multidisciplinary team composition in which staff are able to work flexibly across services
- Effective systems leadership
This webinar will address:
- Latest evidence of what works in reablement
- Examples of leading practice, including from the British Red Cross
- Examples of how to commission excellent reablement
- Lessons on how to train and develop staff.
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/reablement-webinar-tickets-53640350733?utm_campaign=10299948_SCIELine 19 Feb 2019&utm_medium=email&utm_source=SCIE&utm_sfid=003G000002FuyoxIAB&utm_role=Other&dm_i=4O5,64RHO,JUKS16,O3QNP,1