Free Values Based Recruitment Workshops from Norfolk County Council
Norfolk County Council are putting on two free training workshops to support care providers in the county to effectively use values based recruitment.
These courses will equip managers with the knowledge of how to implement values based recruitment in their organisation, with the ultimate aim of providing the best possible care for their service users. They will cover, advertising, writing job descriptions and person specifications, shortlisting and preparing and conducting a values based interview. There will be some input from the trainers with most of the session being interactive with delegates participating in group exercises and practising their interview skills.
- What are values and why they are important in creating safe, caring organisations
- What is values based recruitment and how can VBR benefit your organisation and service users
- Understanding the steps involved in effective values based recruitment
- How to prepare for and conduct an interview using competency and values based questions
- How to assess candidates’ responses and to select the person who best fits your organisational values and can perform the job successfully.
- How to sustain your organisation’s values through induction, supervision and appraisal
Teas/Coffees will be available during the day, but delegates will need to provide their own lunch.
Please note: Delegate numbers are limited to 1 delegate place per organisation.
Book via the links below:
Tuesday 16 July, 9am - 4:30pm, Norwich Professional Development Centre, 144 Woodside Road, Norwich NR7 9QL
Tuesday 23 July, 9am - 4:30pm, The Willow Centre, Cringleford, Norwich, NR4 7JJ