Norfolk Safeguarding Adults Board launches new strategy 2018-21
The Norfolk Safeguarding Adults Board (NSAB) has launched its strategic plan 2018-21 and supporting business plan for 2018-19.
This is a key document to help inform and shape the work to safeguarding adults against abuse and harm in Norfolk, and all partners are asked to actively promote it to their staff and others.
The document lays out NSAB's vision, values, core functions and how they will work to achieve these. The plan is structured around 'three pillars' which represents the safeguarding process:
- Preventing abuse and neglect
- Managing and responding to concerns and enquiries
- Learning lessons and shaping future practice
Key activities in the business plan (2018-19) include continuing to support work to strengthen the Making Safeguarding Personal approach; work around the Mental Capacity Act; supporting the Norfolk Against Scams Partnership (NSAP) and the Stop Hate in Norfolk (SHiN) protocol; and revising their self-neglect and hoarding strategy, to name a few areas.
Norfolk partners can help by:
- sharing the document with your senior management teams / board of directors / board of trustees, asking them to discuss how they can support it
- sharing the document at your next team meeting