Free fire risk training for home care staff
Andrea Borwell, Norfolk County Council's Quality Assurance Officer – Domiciliary Care, has been talking about Fire Risk Training with the Fire and Rescue Service for some time, looking at training for care staff on identifying and reporting potential hazards. The training offer has now been agreed for care workers who provide ongoing support to individuals in their own homes.
The agreed dates and venues for these courses, which will be delivered by Gosia Zielinska of the Fire and Rescue Service, are listed below and can be found in our 'courses and workshops' listings. A very big thank you to those providers who have kindly agreed to loan their training rooms for these sessions.
Dates for additional courses will be available later in the year at other venues in the county and these will be circulated as soon as they are confirmed.
Home Care Worker Fire Safety Training
This is a 3 hour course designed to equip care and support workers visiting service users in their own homes with an understanding of the following:
- Home Fire Safety risks and control measures.
- Identification of client specific risks and control measures derived from the Home Fire Risk Assessment.
- Reporting procedure for significant issues.
The dates and venues for the free training are below:
- 12 March 2018 - 13:00 – 16:00 - Allied Healthcare, Hipperson Mews,53a Station Road, Beccles, NR34 9QH
- 13 March 2018 - 13:00 – 16:00 - Apple Homecare, Progress House, Plantation Park, Blofield, NR13 4PL
- 20 March 2018 - 13:00 – 16:00 - Independence Matters, Holt Community Hub, Charles Road, Holt, NR25 6DA
- 26 March 2018 -13:00 – 16:00 - Sunrise Healthcare, Suite E, Diss Business Park, Hopper Way, Diss, IP22 4GT
NCC are also providing training for NCC staff who undertake the initial assessment and set up of packages of care in the community. These are taking place in the mornings of the above days.
How to Book:
To reserve places email Claire Lowe – firstname.lastname@example.org – with the names of the staff that you would like to attend, together with the date and the name of the course.
Please note that in order to allow as many providers as possible to access the training it may be necessary to limit the number of spaces allocated to any one provider at each session.