Managing medicines in adult social care - free webinar
NICE and SCIE have collaborated to produce a free-to-view webinar on managing medications in care homes and community care settings. The recording of the webinar, held on 25 September 2018, has now been made freely available online.
The webinar was presented by:
- Mindy Bhalla - Pharmacist Specialist, Care Quality Commission
- Cherise Gyimah - Care Homes Pharmacist, Croydon CCG and NICE Medicines and Prescribing Associate
- Melanie Weatherley - Chair, Lincolnshire Care Association
- Key NICE recommendations on medicines policies including medicines reconciliation, self–administration and audit
- An overview of the newly published quality standard Medicines management for people receiving social care in the community (QS171)
- Assessing and recording medicines support
- How providers can support self-care and the management of minor ailments in social care
The webinar will be of particular interest to registered managers (care homes and home care services) providing medicines support.
The webinar can be found on the SCIE website.