One Day Workshop - Keeping your recruitment on the right side of immigration law
N&SCS in partnership with the Government’s Immigration Enforcement Checking and Advice Service and holding a one-day workshop in Norwich next February. The workshop will cover 'right to work checks' and document fraud.
The Government’s Immigration Enforcement Checking and Advice Service have developed training courses to support your organisation to better understand the immigration system. However the courses they run usually take place in London, Manchester and Glasgow and cost over £100 for each two-hour session.
To enable local care providers to access this important training N&SCS are hosting a workshop in Norfolk which will combine two of the sessions in one day for a cost of just £150 (a saving of over £50 and without the travel costs - and will include lunch).
Morning session: Right to Work
Delegates will gain an understanding of the right to work process and what forms a statutory excuse.
- Be aware of the measures introduced by the Government to encourage compliance with immigration rules and Law.
- Know what the 3 step ‘right to work’ check is and how to carry it out
- Be able to identify what documents are acceptable for ‘right to work’ checks
- Be aware of the sanctions (civil penalties and prosecutions)
- Know where to find further information and support regarding ‘right to work’ checks
Afternoon session: Document Fraud
Delegates will gain a basic understanding of the common security features utilised to protect travel and identity documents from being counterfeited or tampered with, and gain the skills to identify basic forgeries/counterfeits.
- Be able to differentiate between a counterfeit and a forgery.
- Be aware of common types of forgeries encountered.
- Be able to state common security features found in official documents.
- Be able to identify forged or counterfeit documents via basic examination
- Be aware of where to find further information and support regarding official documents.
The workshop is being held on Thursday 7th February 2019 at The Abbey Conference Centre, Norwich.
Please note: We will require full payment in advance. Cancellations 72 hours or more prior to the workshop will be refundable at 50%, but the fee will be non-refundable if cancelled within 72 hours of the event.