Values Based Recruitment & Retention
New guides and tools from Skills for Care help you address workforce challenges
Download the free guide
Use the online toolkit
Skills for Care, in partnership with The National Skills Academy for Social Care and MacIntyre, at the request of the Department of Health, have developed a model of values-based recruitment for social care employers.
The model brings together different aspects of values-based recruitment into an online toolkit, which will be piloted across the sector over the next twelve months.
The toolkit includes:
- A personality profiling questionnaire for candidates
- The Leadership Qualities Framework as a guide to behaviours and values
- Finders Keepers to help recruit and retain staff
- Easy to access advice and information
- Examples of job ads and interview questions
The toolkit is designed to help employers put social care values at the heart of their recruitment and selection practice, so that they can build a strong social care culture, help people develop careers in the sector, and deliver high quality services through having the right people in place, doing the right thing, in the right way.
To view the online toolkit, click the image below.