We publicise a range of events, conferences and meetings of interest to the local care sector. Please browse or use the search facility below.
If you have an event for us to publicise please use 'Contact Us' above.
Seeing potential: safe and fair recruitment workshop
Employing people with convictions in adult social care
This full-day workshop will help employers understand their rights and responsibilities when dealing with applicants or existing staff and volunteers who have criminal records (or have been subject to allegations). It will enable them to carry out effective risk assessments so that they can make informed decisions about the person’s suitability for the role.
It will provide delegates with the knowledge, confidence and practical tools to strike the balance between safeguarding their service users and addressing any barriers that may prevent the organization from accessing a vast potential talent pool of 11.7 million people with convictions.
Delegates will also receive a delegate pack which contains sample policies and resources based on the Safe and fair recruitment guide.
The workshop will help delegates to:
- Understand and apply the relevant legislation that has an impact on recruitment including: The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (ROA), the ROA Exceptions Order 1975 (as amended 2013) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)/Data Protection Act 2018.
- Determine what level of criminal record check is appropriate for different job roles, responsibilities and environments within adult social care.
- Understand how to implement safer recruitment policies and practices.
- Use the tools provided to develop effective risk assessment policies and procedures.
- Learn how to interpret and manage criminal record disclosure information to inform the risk assessment process.
- Learn how to gather other necessary information to carry out effective risk assessments on applicants, or existing staff and volunteers who have criminal records or have been subject to serious allegations.
This workshop is free to attend however places are limited.
Who should attend?
- Adult social care employers of all sizes
- Organisations who advise and support people into employment
- Business owners
- Senior managers
- Human resource professionals
- Individuals involved in recruitment, retention, safeguarding decisions or equality and diversity matters
- Local authorities, NHS organisations or support organisations who process DBS checks and make employment suitability decisions on behalf of Individual Employers of Personal Assistants.
No prior knowledge is required to attend.
Due to the popularity of this workshop, Skills for Care ask that only one representative from an organisation attends. If you would like to register a second attendee on the wait list, please contact Skills for Care.
Dereham FC. Aldiss Park, Norwich Road,
Skills for Care
Click To Email Event
0113 241 1288
50th International conference on Nursing and Healthcare
Euroscicon invites you in the CME accredited “50th International conference on Nursing and Healthcare” scheduled to be held in June 10-11, 2020 at Frankfurt, Germany.
1. Hotel accommodation facilities for speakers and visitors.
2. Lunch and refreshments during conference.
3. Poster presentation and poster competition
4. Journal and proceedings publication free of cost.
5. Workshop session and networking.
6. Advertising your organization worldwide in all type of media.
7. Best poster award and young research forum sessions.
8. CME point and prestigious certificates.
9. Special discount in group registration.
10. Two general sessions with more than 50 key topics
Lower Ground Floor,
Click To Email Event